Saddle Stitch Operator
Posted 5 days ago
Saddle Stich Operator
Located near Rosendale, WI
Job ID: 3234
1st Shift 6:30AM-3PM (Monday-Friday-) 8-hours shift
2nd Shift 3PM-1:30AM (Monday-Thursday) 10-hours shift
3rd Shift 11PM-7:30AM (Sunday- Thursday) 10-hours shift
Job Description: Company seeking qualified Stich Operators to set-up and operate bindery equipment to include saddle-stitchers, perfect binders, ink-jet systems, tabbers, in-line strappers, drills, and polywrappers.
- Ensure Dummy Books and/or proofs are used in checking binding attributes.
- Sets and maintains quality standards throughout the run.
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as needed or assigned.
- Read and understand binding instructions, mailing instructions, and support the BCS system.
- Operate machine effectively and safely according to standards to ensure a quality product.
- Make-ready and run aspects of the saddle stitcher (pockets, gatherer, stitcher heads, in feed, trimmer, mail table and mail head, etc.).
- Accurately document all production activities on required forms and maintain Logic Direct Machine Interface (DMI) information.
- Good understanding of all Bindery functions/procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in mechanics. Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret binding/mailing instructions and operating/maintenance manuals.
- Basic computer skills including a good understanding of BCS System.
- Ability to recognize, identify, analyze, and communicate problem situation and/ or factors.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients.